Carbondale,Ill 9/15

Hi

Again back to normality. Imiss the challenges of the oppen rd. Well 2.5 states left. I had an awsome time cycling through the ozark mountains. My accomodation varied from a motel room that I was worried about drinking the water to staying in a 5 star pheasant hunting lodge where labs and retrievers were bred. This was 2 miles on a dirt rd outside Everton a very small town with a small gen store that I did not see on the main st or gas stn. In farmington I stayed in the newly renovated Jail house with another adventure cyclist I met on the way. We had chinese for dinner that was close to awful.
I flew out of +St Louis airport,mo at 7am and was home cycling with a friend by noon. Again I was blessed with incredible weather and angels going before me. My rear shifter broke on Monday morning outside of farmington but I told myself as long as I could pedal to keep doing so. Hence My bike is sleeping at Carbondale cycle shop as I got in there as they were closing.

I had a lot of fun and fear crossing the Missisippi on a narrow 2 lane bridge waving so all including the 18 wheelers would see me.

Thanks for all who are reading this

Michele

Comments

mysectretblog said…
Michele you are so awesome!
I wish I could get out of teaching and join you on the road. cesar and I love the freedom you experience on your bike and how amazing the blog is, I told him to read it. you certainly are riding, I like how it is going for you
andre
mysectretblog said…
it says dina but that is ok, she is my wife. I am andre her husband, note this michele as you read. I have told her all about you and how incredible your spirit is. someday you will meet her I am sure of it. still awaiting word from cesar on sebring in februray. I wish we were closer to california. your riding across the usa is fantastic, I mean the states that you have crossed. I am jealous. andre , dina and andre
mysectretblog said…
so did you like the midwest michele?
I love the west and of course these appalachian mts.
Unknown said…
Michele! You have accomplished so much! I am in awe! Love riding with you and am already learning a lot from you about the endurance life. Cheers and thanks!
Tina

Popular posts from this blog

Crew desired for 6/6- 20, 2010 CA - MD

DecaI Ironman Difference 2012

Official Finish for RAAM: 9:15am EDT!