tue8/17 salida,co

Hi all

I got a 13 hr day in seeing the last of the big climbs through the rockies. I started out from montrose at 6h30 with my Big Mac Breakfast burrito, not quite enough to get me 20 miles with some climbing.
I got to Salida at 8pm after a big 10 mile climb 3000 ft elevation of Monarch Pass at 11 100 ft after riding 100 miles. It was toouch and go whether I would be able to get over as 3hrs before I got to the base, a massive storm rolled through but I ended up with a tail wind helping me until I got to the summit where I could hardly stand up and wondered if I would be safe getting down but lots of layers later Hammer Jacket and Showers Pass jacket were great and a hammer bar all was fine. It was the last of the climbs through the rockies. Now it is flat until close to east coast. I am staying with a lovely biking family from warm showers.com. I hope to get to ordway tomorrow night in Kansas.

Comments

waltz319 said…
Hope you having fun and managing to enjoy the spectacular scenery as you go along.... That in itself should give you joy. I know you have to keep your eyes on the road, but hopefully you can breathe in the beauty along the way. Lotsa love
AmyVS said…
Michele,
Just found your blog. Your excitement is infectious - thank you for sharing! You have found yourself again - and isn't that just magical?
Keep conjuring that magic, Michele!
Amy

Popular posts from this blog

Crew desired for 6/6- 20, 2010 CA - MD

DecaI Ironman Difference 2012

Official Finish for RAAM: 9:15am EDT!