aug 17/09 montrose,co

Well I said to all my wonderful raam 09 supporters to "watch this space on 21 June 09". Race across america 09 has changed to ride across america 09. The ride recommenced exactly 2 months after raam 09 solo females started. I flew into durango,co yesterday. I had a variety of obstacles with incredibly positive outcomes but some delays for me to get to my target destination. Today I cycled approx 100 miles up Hwy 550 to Montrose. I have 2 paniers bags thanks to velogirls cycling coach Lorri. Each bags weighs 10 pounds with emergency food & spare clothing and a camelback for water. I climbed up to 10 & 11 000 ft elevation on 3 different mountain passes each of 4miles long. The weather was superb. The scenery spectacular. There is another big climb tomorrow and I not a lot of accomodation in the next 50+ miles. At 5h30 pm in montrose I decided i would climb stronger and ride faster with an early start. My days are due to start at dawn around 6 am. The reason for this ride in case you are wondering is to train for a possible raam 2010, to find my love for the bike and my joy. I think I am on the right road to fullfill these. I am following the adventure cycling assoc route now. I hope to get to york town,VA before the end of the year. I will be back at work in 9 days time a week from wed Ie 8/27.

Thank you for following and your support. I got myself a camera before I left. I will try to post photos on my return

Keep smiling and having fun

Michele

Comments

CS said…
Go, Mich! We're tracking you with enthusiasm. Hope it's, errr, fun.
Love from all at Highmount Close

Popular posts from this blog

Crew desired for 6/6- 20, 2010 CA - MD

DecaI Ironman Difference 2012

michele's update