Epic Year Dawning June 2017

JUNE 2017

The eve of a new year of living in gratitude for great opportunities and people to support my adventures big and small.

If you are reading this post then you are wanting to follow my JOURNEY of training for two big events before my Fall grad school semester.  Yes, the next 10 weeks should be a fun adventure of training and mostly a whole food, plant based diet.

Yay for finally getting closer to 100% whole food, plant based diet.  I am super thankful for my tri coach who started my mental transition.  Others have fuelled the journey and include NoMeatAthlete who are honest about their own evolution in this type of lifestyle. Small changes make lasting habits easier.

Training for what? Two events - why - Because I can and because I am on vacation for most of August from grad school and teaching, so time to play.

Beginning of August sees a trip to Canada for the Canada 520 km which is based on Ultraman Canada- a three day stage event from Saturday 5 August to Monday 7 August in and around Penticton and the majestic Okanagan Valley. I will have two fabulous crew: Michel T from Arizona and Jocelyn F from Calgary.

One month later I fly to Kauai to start five ironman distrance triathlons on five different islands of Hawaii in five consecutive days.  The five islands include Kauai, Oahu, Molokai, Maui and Kona. I plan to have two school age children run the first two miles of the marathon with me and raise awareness of how exercise reduces anxiety and depression in school children.
I have a dream team of support crew with Team Sheeper triathlon team mate Heidi Buttery who is a certified whole food nutritionist. Suzy Degazon is a multiple Ultraman and ultra distance events podium finisher.   Lisa Kihali Ledesma has been involved with Epic 5 since the beginning but never crewed on all five islands.

In the mean time training will continue to include Crossfit and Crossfit Track workouts, Team Sheeper tri team workouts, four days of one marathon a day with marathon Maniacs in Long Beach, CA, a 1200km round trip Randoneur Bicycle event from Davis to Oregon border and the Santa Rosa full Ironman.

Financial Partnerships and sponsorships are growing and mentioned with gratitude below.

  • Nutrition By Heidi (NBH) Ultra Endurance whole food energy and fuel system.  Her energy bites are perfect for bike jerseys and bento boxes alike nutritionbyheidi.com
  • Peak Performance has put me back together on more than one occasion in a super swift and kind manner - Forever grateful for this referral from an extraordinary practioner on the tri team http://peakperformancei.com/contact-us.html. 
  • Megan Taff PT at Select Physical Fitness is going above and beyond making sure that I am able to optimize all functional movements and range of motion mtaff@selectmedical.com.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crew desired for 6/6- 20, 2010 CA - MD

DecaI Ironman Difference 2012

Official Finish for RAAM: 9:15am EDT!