June 2010 & TIME TO PEDAL to ANNAPOLIS

WOW!! Raam 2010 is here. Time seems to have become a blurr and I am not even sleep deprived yet.
Gratitude to all those that have encouraged, supported and assisted me to getting to this point of attempting Raam 2010. The plan is to put a big FULL STOP in Anapolis on June 21 by 06h00AM PST and to celebrate Sunday 27 June in the evening. Watch this space for details and updates which will also be linked to my facebook page.

My prep has included: Brevets: 300km, 2 x 400km, 1000km- Double Centuries: Butterfield, Mullholland, Solvang, Devil Mountain Double (with Stage 2 Amgen Breakaway century the next day) & Davis double. Multiple centuries and chase group/time trial rides during the week with few velodrome sessions for a little sharpening to keep me peddaling. I also trust all the wonderful memories of continuing my ride solo and unsupported last year will fuel my legs to pedal through this amazing country for one more time: The statues of Monument valley, mile markers of the rockies, rollers of Kansas with it heat and wind, the picturesque houses of Missouri, the Rollercoaster Ozarks and the Appalachians with the never appearing summits but long twisty descents and then the BIG BLUE OCEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The plan is to make this a complaint free ride as I found a wrist band with it on. I will be riding my Orbea and Sycip with the Selle Anatomica saddles. A triple cassette on my Sycip and a compact on My Orbea. The plan is to ride 250 miles a day and to get out of CA before dawn on Wed 9 June. I then hope to go on a 05h0 to 01h00 sleep schedule. I have 3 massage therapists and 2 very capable bike gurus on my team.
I will be riding miles for the kids that I work with and all children who so valiantly overcome the horrendous challenges and obstacles that childhood cancer throws at them. I have many songs from the children and colleagues that I work with that I will be using for motivation.

Thanks again to all who view this and send their support. I hope to upload photos of my incredibly well qualified team soon. The arrive tomorrow at SFO, 2 are on the East Bay.

Lots of love- Michele- Milipede(= Shongololo in SA- many legs to get me to my destination)

Comments

Michael said…
You're as ready as you can be. I look forward to following your progress, so be sure that your crew posts plenty of reports. Best of luck on your cross-country adventure, and may you face favorable winds all the way!

Popular posts from this blog

Crew desired for 6/6- 20, 2010 CA - MD

DecaI Ironman Difference 2012

Official Finish for RAAM: 9:15am EDT!