6/16/09 Solo Raam 300hrs

6/16- 300hr Solo Raam

Hi All, Many of you know, I am embarking on the annual Race Across America (RAAM) starting Tuesday June 16, 2009 at noon (PST) in Oceanside CA. I am duly excited and suitably nervous of cycling 3000 miles in 10 to 12 days straight with a total of 100,000 ft. of climbing! The steepest section being the Appalachian’s for the final 200 miles as I complete the ride into Annapolis, MD.

For me RAAM is about inspiring others and gleaning from the courage of my true heroes—the kids I engage with as a children’s cancer nurse. My RAAM endeavour will also be used as a platform to heighten awareness around the compelling work of International Justice Mission (www.IJM.com). My ride will raise money to support IJM’s efforts to fight sex trafficking of minors with a special emphasis on combating forced child prostitution.

The following paragraph highlights a few creative ways that YOU can be involved without injury.

1) Check out my website http://www.firstgiving.com/raceacrossamerica to contribute and stay connected to future emails/updates of my progress.

2) We will have a laptop in the vans to get and receive emails and a blog will be set up within a few weeks. Stay tuned for the link…

3) Send me a paragraph about a particular time station and what it means to you. If it is chosen in the first week of June as a winner, I may name that time station after you. The time stations are on the RAAM website (www.Raceacrossamerica.org)

4) Send me the title of one or more of your favourite clean & FAST paced, GREAT spinning songs. I have 300 hrs of cycling ahead. I need to keep or increase my cadence as I go!

Most importantly, your support & friendship means so much to me that I would really appreciate you responding to this e-mail if you would like to remain on my RAAM support team.

Thank you so much for taking the time and interest to check out these amazing websites and make a difference in the world by your support of my RAAM endeavour!

Michele

Comments

Changes said…
Hey Mish
Thinking of you - put the date on my computer - where can I see your progress? Praying for you and wishing you all the happiness and speed. Good job old bean ........
Love Megs

Popular posts from this blog

Crew desired for 6/6- 20, 2010 CA - MD

DecaI Ironman Difference 2012

michele's update